Enrolment enquiries are very welcome. You can contact the preschool via phone or email or make an appointment to come in during our preschool office hours of 9am to 3pm on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday.
A confidential waiting list is maintained at the preschool. Families are advised to register their child on the waiting list as soon as possible after the child’s first birthday.
Please Note: Registering your child’s name on the waiting list does not guarantee enrolment at the preschool. We do our best to cater for the needs of our families, but first preference of days or educators cannot be guaranteed. Siblings are not automatically added to the waiting list, it is the parent’s responsibility to ensure a waiting list form has been completed. It is also important for families to make sure their details are kept up-to-date, including phone number, address or email address.
The bulk of our enrolments are completed in Terms Three and Four for children to commence the following year. Other places may be offered through the year if vacancies arise.
Thurgoona Preschool adheres to the Early Childhood Education and Care Grants Program Priority of Access Guidelines.
A child’s name will be added to the Thurgoona Preschool waiting list once a Waiting List application Form has been completed and returned to Preschool. Our waiting list is available from our website, via email or our preschool office.
- A waiting list application is completed.
- The child is added to the waiting list in order of date received.
- In approximately July a letter will be sent to all families who have completed a waiting list application form for their child for the following year. This is to confirm position requirements and preferences.
- Letters of offer of enrolment will be sent out to families in late Term 3. This will advise families of dates for the enrolment evening and enrolment processes. A preschool handbook will be provided.
- Families will be required to return all completed enrolment forms, immunisation details, birth certificate and other regulatory forms upon accepting position. Payment of $50 enrolment fee (non-refundable) will also be required.
- An enrolment evening will be held for parents to attend in Term Four.
- An Open Day will be held in Term Four for new children and their parents to attend.